Most people think our democracy is broken - thanks to big money in politics and corporate power.
Find out what YOU can do about this. Come to a Multi-media Education Presentation about the need for a Constitutional Amendment.
* Supreme Court decisions and how they have eroded democracy
* A Chamber of Commerce strategy that successfully created an oligarchy of the rich and powerful
* How past peoples movements won U.S. constitutional amendments
* Building the Democracy Movement and the Campaign for a Democracy Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
* How you can help achieve the winnable goal of restoring democracy!
Invited attendees include: Masschusetts legislators, local Democratic and Republican committee chairs and members from towns and adjacent to Lexington, and members of various organizations such as Progressive Mass, PDM, and Indivisible.
A Q&A session follows the presentation.
To learn more about the We the People Act calling for a Constitutional Amendment in the Massachusetts legislature read the bill at http://www.wethepeoplemass.org/text-of-20172018-bill/
Lexington Community Center (Lexington, MA)
39 Marrett Rd, Lexington
Lexington, MA 02421
26 people have signed up to attend this event
The capacity limit is 160 attendees.
- Don B.: no comment
- Matthew M.: no comment
- Jerald R.: no comment
- Our Revolution A.: no comment
- Tyler K.: no comment
- Nancy M.: no comment
- Rita C.: no comment
- Rosina G.: no comment
- Robin B.: no comment
- George M.: no comment
- Catherine P.: no comment
- David H.: no comment
- Cecilia M.: no comment
- Leland D.: no comment
- Katrin w.: no comment
- Myra F.: no comment
- Rachel M.: no comment
- Jerry R.: no comment
- Mary H.: no comment
- Todd B.: no comment
- Jordan W.: no comment
- Jeff T.: no comment