Call Your Senators to Tell Them to Support Bernie's Budget Amendment to Prevent Republicans From Making Cuts to Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security
Use the form on this page to call your senators (we'll call your phone to connect), or dial 877-826-4344 from your phone to be automatically connected to your senator.
Talking Points: What You Can Say About Why We Must Protect Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security
It's easy to talk about why your senator should support Bernie's amendment that would prevent Republicans from cutting crucial government programs. Here are some things you can say.
- The Republican budget proposal could lead to 30 million Americans losing their health insurance
- It is unacceptable for Republicans to throw tens of millions of Americans off their health care plans with no plan to replace it
- Republican attempts to privatize Medicare would put seniors at risk
- Cutting Medicaid could threaten nursing home care for millions of seniors
- Many Americans already struggle to cover the cost of their prescriptions, and the budget proposal would lead to increased prescription drug costs
- The majority of seniors rely on Social Security benefits as their primary source of income
- Donald Trump promised during his campaign that he would not allow cuts to Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security
- Republicans should stop wasting time trying to take away crucial health care coverage and benefits for the millions of Americans who rely on them
- Bernie's amendment would prevent the Senate from breaking Donald Trump's campaign promises to not cut Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security
Dial This Number from Your Phone
Or Fill Out This Form and Your Phone Will Ring