Location: Washington, DC
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
Our Revolution, the organization carrying on the legacy of the Bernie 2016 presidential campaign, is seeking a talented individual with a progressive voice to serve as the organization’s Communications Director. The Communications Director will help shape and promote Our Revolution’s mission to create a more socially, environmentally, economically, and racially equitable nation through progressive advocacy around the country.
- Communications strategy: Work with the Board and leadership staff to execute a communication strategy, membership communication and online/social media. This position will also work collaboratively with Social Media Manager and with Our Revolution’s external communications and email agency.
- Media relations: Must be prepared to act as an on-the-record and background source when necessary. Strongly prefer candidates with established national press relationships.
- Message development: Create and provide talking points in preparation for board members and leadership press opportunities. Guide messaging and response to breaking news stories.
- Writing: Display the ability to write opinion pieces, web content, speeches, press releases and other materials. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Team and resource management: Work with the ED and COO on planning and administering the department’s budget.
- Other tasks as assigned
- At least 5 years of cumulative work experience in communications and media relations.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Record of success in advancing organizational goals and messages
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, proactive and results-oriented, and capable of working collaboratively and handling multiple projects simultaneously in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Public speaking experience and skills, able to represent Our Revolution in a variety of settings
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires frequent evening and weekend work.
Salary and Benefits:
Dependent upon experience. Full-time employees are eligible to participate in the Organization’s generous benefits package.
Resume and cover letter should be submitted at ourrevolution.com/jobs.
Note: Our Revolution is an equal opportunity employer and recruits, hires and promotes employees and prospective employees on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.